“I still believe in summer days.
The seasons always change
and life will find a way.”
Honor yourself this winter:
- Stay Warm. Wear warm clothing both outside and inside your home. Organic cotton and wool are the best materials because they allow your skin to breathe and sweat (one of the ways we detoxify). Keep your socks on in the house, or wool slippers, or both. Energy leaves us through our extremities. Socks and slippers make a huge difference keeping us warm.
- Take warm epsom salt baths, or even long warm showers if a bath is not available and then slather your skin with organic coconut, jojoba, or grape seed oil.
- Drink lots of hot herbal teas. Nettle, ginger, and rooibos chai are my favorites this time of year
- Winter is a time for reflection. Reflect on what you want to accomplish this year and outline your plan.
- Make your liquid meal a warm soup instead of a cold smoothie or juice, especially at night.
- If you have a fireplace, use it. Gas or wood—there is something very nurturing about relaxing around the fire beyond just the temperature it generates.