“I am always grateful that wherever I go somehow I did something that makes people brighten and that is a wonderful thing…” Jim Carrey
When I heard Jim Carrey say those words in this clip, it really struck me. What an amazing thing to be able to say about your life. Here are some simple ideas to get you started if you want to be able to say the same about your own life…
– Tell a joke
– Give someone flowers (or anything) for absolutely no reason
– Give out compliments generously and freely
– Show excitement when someone walks through the door
– Connect people
– Leave a voicemail telling someone how they inspired you or made you proud
– Celebrate someone
– Show your love
– Pick up someone else’s tab: When I was 20, a couple I had never met or talked to picked up the bill at a diner for me and a friend, it is something I will never forget. We only had bagels and water, a college breakfast on a college budget, but I cannot explain how moved we were by the generosity of these strangers.
– Here is the most important idea: Just ask yourself this question whenever you encounter someone “How can I brighten their day?” …It will bring a state of awareness that will allow you to change and enhance every meeting you have. You will be surprised how much this question can change your life experience if you listen to the answers. Challenge yourself to look for situations where you can show your interest in others by doing something unanticipated. When you think of something, do it without hesitation and make someone’s day.
– And don’t forget this very simple act….SMILE
Have other ideas? Let me know in the comment section below!
3 thoughts on “Make People Brighten”
Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
How can you brighten someone’s day? Advice I Give Myself has some answers!
Reblogged this on ENLIGHTENMENT ANGELS.
There are so many simple ways to brighten a person’s day and they are ways that can truly brighten our own =)