The sniffles around me have begun…I guess it is that time of year already! When patients start coming in with colds, flus, and other viruses I reach for my favorite immune boosting supplements!
- ImmuCore by Metagenics is “designed to provide a multiple mechanistic approach to support immune system health. This formula features Ultra Potent-C®—developed for enhanced cellular uptake of vitamin C—combined with zinc, vitamin D, and a concentrated blend of mushroom extracts which also support immune health.” I take this whenever I am feeling run down or people around me start getting sick.
- Vir-Away by Snow Lotus has anti-viral properties, so during this time of year I often diffuse it and rub it on my feet or behind my ears. I also use Thieves essential oil this same way for it’s antibacterial and antiviral properties. I will also use the one of the oils when cleaning to further help cut down on viruses and bacteria.
- If I feel like I might be coming down with something, I reach for an Echinacea/Goldenseal combination. Echinacea used to be called a “blood purifier.” Now we know echinacea stimulates our body’s phagocytes (cell-eaters) to engulf bacteria, virus-infected cells and wastes, recycling them and clearing them from the blood. This blood-purifying activity is important, because it can help prevent infections of bacterial, viral and fungal origin. Golden seal, can help control the inflammatory process if it gets too carried away—if there is too much heat, redness, or swelling. It can also help bring more blood into the micro-circulation in the areas that are infected, such as the sinus cavities or urinary tract.
- Counter Attack by Rainbow Light is also packed with immune boosting herbs and vitamins. According to the brand it “contains a defense-bolstering blend that delivers 840 milligrams of Response Mobilizing Herbal Complex, including andrographis and elderberry, and a Defense Bolstering Botanical Blend with berberine for an additional boost of botanicals traditionally used to support seasonal discomforts.” My patient’s rave about this supplement when cold season hits!
- Elderberry Syrup and lozenges is another favorite of mine for its anti-viral & antioxidant properties. Studies continue to demonstrate its potential ability to help shorten the length of the flu. I also happen to think this syrup is delicious. I have some patient who even add it to soda water for the flavor!
As always, the quality of anything you put into your body matters. That is why I have an online pharmacy available for my patients. You can buy any of the items and be assured you are getting the highest quality available by shopping here.