What do we do when we feel broken? Many things can lead to this deep pain: Relationships ending, job loss, a pandemic, the loss of a loved one, feeling stuck in life, and more. The cause doesn’t matter, sometimes we can’t even pinpoint it, but the feelings are the same. Life feels overwhelming, depressing, and hope is hard to find…if this is where you are, just hold on and remember the following:
1. Remember that life is always changing and the feeling will not last forever.
2. Remember your own value and self-worth and learn ways to build it. Read books about it, watch Ted Talks, write “I am enough” on a post-it and leave it somewhere where you will see it every day.
3. Remember you don’t have to go through it alone. Reach out to your support system, the friends and family that know the right things to say (not the one’s that criticize and tell you “to just get over it already.”)
4. Remember to be kind and patient with yourself. Treat yourself how you would treat your best friend.
5. Remember to do the little things that will make you feel better: like get out of bed, go for a walk, sip a cup of lavender tea, or cuddle with a pet.
6. Remember to look for the lesson in the pain, learn from it, and grow. Journaling may be helpful for reflection.
7. Remember not to close yourself off and shut down. When we suppress our emotions they don’t go away, they actually just give us anxiety. Take a deep breath and make room for more of you to emerge and thrive. This would be a great time to read my book Herman Heals His Heart and let the warm fuzzies in! (Get your copy on Amazon)
8. Remember to ask for help. As a coach, there is nothing more rewarding then helping clients realize life can be different and feel really good. I have seen so many go from emotional and physical pain, to completely thriving in every area of their life. We can use the lessons learned during difficult times to build a life where we find our passion, find ourselves, and finally live a life full of health, happiness, and purpose! Many times we can get to this place much more quickly with professional support so contact me today to schedule a session!
Remember, we will all encounter times in life that feel like they could break us, but we are all so much stronger than we think, and many times, these difficult periods in our lives can eventually lead to clarification of our true wants and desires. If we listen to our inner guidance, we can emerge from these times feeling better than we ever have before. Wishing everyone a life they love! Xo
“Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” -Patti Roberts