Most people would see this sign and probably think about baseball, or Georgia, or I don’t know…maybe playing catch or something? I just like the word BRAVE.
“There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater. But sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life” -Veronica Roth.
Whatever bravery means for you right now, I wish you courage. Leaning into something painful, leaping into the unknown, or leaving your comfort zone, all of these things can be scary as heck! But I see so many of you, just strutting right through all of that! AND I want you to know, I’m over here, digging your moxie and doing my best to keep up with ya!
Recognize Your Own Bravery In These Acts:
- Saying YES (especially when it feels scary.)
- Saying NO to anything and everything that doesn’t serve you or those in your life.
- Doing anything you aren’t currently “good” at!
- Apologizing. It takes a bold person to admit it when they are wrong.
- Being Authentically YOU. Every time we show up in our full truth we are brave. Every time we do what is right for us versus what is realistic or expected, every time we share and honor our own mistakes, every time we are vulnerable, it takes guts.
- LOVE. Loving others, loving yourself, loving unconditionally and with an open heart. OH YOU BRAVE SOUL!!!!!!
- Refusing to settle.
- Following your dreams.
- Standing/Speaking up for yourself or others.
- Asking for help.
- Starting before you’re “ready.”
- Persevering against the odds, or even with them.
- Trying your very best.
- Pulling off the covers and getting out of bed.
What are other acts of bravery you admire? How are you choosing to be brave today? Cheers to you and your brave, fulfilled life!
Looking for more support on your own BRAVE adventure?