What do you associate with aging? Wrinkles? Aches and Pains? Declining Health? Memory that fails you?
The idea that getting old means a steady decline in all areas of our lives is deeply embedded in our culture. I hear it from clients, friends, and family. We expect that because we are getting older, our bodies and minds are going to turn to mush. However, ask any of my friends, and they will tell you I look better now than I did in my 20s. Confidence and highlights have something to do with it, but I feel better too.
Reverse aging? Why not?
My Tops Tips for Vibrancy, Inside & Out:
- Question Your Beliefs Around Aging. Mindset plays a crucial role in our health and well-being. Ellen Langer, author of Counterclockwise, has researched and conducted several social experiments and has found that “opening our minds to what’s possible, instead of clinging to accepted notions about what’s not, can lead to better health at any age.” Her study where she “transported” men in their 70s back to the year 1959 is particularly fascinating and might have you throwing a 80’s themed party.
- Use a derma-roller. Skin Needling promotes the natural production of collagen and elastin which are responsible for skin structure. This wonderful little tool can help reduce wrinkles and stretch marks, acne scarring and skin discoloration, increase skin thickness, and enhance product absorption. I use an acupuncture grade derma-roller almost every night. They make them for face and body. (Contact me to find out how to get your own!)
- Make Merry, Play, and Get in Touch with Your Inner Child. Stop acting like you’re 104. Don’t moan when you get out of bed. Stop saying “I must be getting old.” Leave your house and the office at least once a day. Get outside. Skip, hop, jump up and down, learn, color, throw, and get curious. I still love T-ball and amusement park rides. I value fun. Laugh as much as possible. Less stress + More Fun = Smooth, Glowing Skin.
- I highly encourage forgetting your biological age as often as possible, pick your favorite age instead! It doesn’t mean what you think it does. Your biological stats don’t belong on a standardized chart, you’re too extraordinary. If someone calls you “geriatric” they don’t deserve your presence in their life.
- Do the things you know you’re supposed to do. Take excellent care of yourself. Hydrate. Exercise. Eat Veggies. Stretch. Avoid Processed Foods and Sugar. Get Enough Sleep. Let Go of Baggage. Be Kind. Appreciate. Breathe into Your Belly.
- Try Acupuncture Facial Rejuvination. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a relaxing, pain free acupuncture treatment for reducing signs of the aging process. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is more than a cosmetic treatment, it is designed to increase vitality of the whole body, making your whole body feel and look younger.
- Consider Supplements and Herbs. The healthier you are, the better you look, period. I use bioenergetic testing to determine the best supplements for myself. I also only use the highest quality brands from reputable sources to ensure they are truly beneficial. Two of my favorites are Broccoprotect and Grape Seed Supreme because of their detoxifying properties and antioxidants. Order high quality supplements from our online dispensary.
- Use amazing skincare. What you put on your skin matters. Most of the merchandise on the shelves of your local pharmacy can actually do more harm than good, no matter what the marketing label says. Eminence Organics is my absolute favorite brand. I love their Citrus and Kale C and E Serum. Inner Beauty Salon and Spa carries a wide range of their products and if you’re local to them, be sure to pamper yourself with a facial.
- Use essential oils for their different skincare benefits. Frankincense, Geranium, and Lavender are my three favorite oils to treat wrinkles, age spots, and irritation. I put them in my lotion or use as a refresher for my skin around 3pm. I simply mix a couple drops with carrier oil and press onto my skin. Keep in mind, if they aren’t therapeutic grade, they might smell nice, but they won’t do much.
- Facial Gua Sha. Gua Sha is a technique using specially crafted hand held pieces of smooth jade to invigorate the skin, smooth out wrinkles and increase blood supply. The increased blood circulation, which occurs during Gua Sha, helps to detoxify the face and move stagnant blood and inflammation, which can occur under the eyes. By providing increased blood flow to the face, the skin is better nourished and healthier. It also feels amazing!
Let me know if you try any of the tips above and share any of your own!