“I can feel the Moon’s love for the Earth in my soul when it’s magical silent silvery light touches my heart.”
The moon influences many mechanisms here on earth, including the rise and fall of the sea, and the reproduction of coral. How can we not ponder how it may be impacting us? Aren’t we made of up of 45-75% water, just like the sea?
We are far from fully understanding how the moon and other planetary movement impacts our health and happiness. However, letting the different phases of the moon influence our rituals and self care can be very beneficial. Every time I look into the sky and see it in it’s many phases, I am in awe. It is just another reminder that this world is full of magic.
No wonder throughout history the moon has been looked to, studied, and worshipped.
The New Moon is a time of initiation and new beginnings. It is an ideal phase to reflect, gain clarity on your desires, and set new intentions. Try this simple new moon ritual:
- Set up your space with crystals, a candle, incense, and/or healing music. Anything that will help your mind and body relax so you can tune in to your own inner voice and intuition. Grab a journal and some essential oil. I like to use clary sage on my third eye or relaxing lavender on my wrists.
- Clear your mind with a meditation
- Take a deep cleansing breath and visualize what you want to accomplish, receive, and create in your life in the next 28 days. Remember to dream big and forget the “how’s.” Let yourself feel the emotions you would experience when you attain your goals.
- Write down these desires, goals, and intentions. Say a simple prayer of thanks for all you have received and for all you have yet to receive.
- Keep this list of desires with you for the full lunar cycle, look at it often to remind you to take action towards your goals. You can also make two copies of your list, one to keep with you and one to burn on a flame to send your intentions out into the ether of the universe.
Do it all over again at the next new moon! Repeatedly gaining clarity on your priorities, goals, and desires could possibly lead to the most exhilarating, successful, and joy filled year of your life!
Wishing you health and happiness, today and always,