“The first real day of spring is like the first time a boy holds your hand. A flood of skin-tingling warmth consumes you, and everything shines with a fresh, colorful glow, making you forget that anything as cold and harsh as winter ever existed.” -– Richelle E. Goodrich
Spring is a time to let go, cleanse, and plant seeds.
In Eastern Medicine, Spring is a time for new beginnings, cleansing the body and home, more greens, movement, and creativity. We deserve to feel alive, motivated, and passionate during this time! However, if you are experiencing congestion, feeling stuck and/or irritable, and bloated, we would say your wood element has become imbalanced. Here are some simple ways to create balance and live in alignment with this season for more health and happiness!
- Drink Nettle Tea: I love this nutrient rich, cleansing tea. Especially at this time of year! It has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes liver health, may help allergies, helps control blood sugar and more. You can also drink it cold with a little lime or lemon!
- Clear clutter from your house. Start with a drawer or a closet. It is time to let things go! Spring clean and then open all the windows to let the fresh air refresh your space.
- Clear clutter from your mind- Journal: What thoughts aren’t serving me? Write them all out and then burn them.
- Get outside and appreciate all the new growth and green!
- Take a supplement that supports your liver- Dandelion, Milk Thistle, or a liver combination (I like Gai Daily Liver Formula, available at our office or from our online dispensary) The body wants to detox at this time of the year, so give it some support.
- Wear bright vibrant colors. You are just a beautiful as the tulips my dear!
- Eat bitter greens: think arugula and dandelion.
- Sage your space and yourself: said to release negativity, purify, and calm.